Ph: +61 (0)3 5236 3372
We have just completed building a beautiful new inground salt water swimming pool. Set in an idyllic setting looking across the valley, it will be a treat to cool offf on warm summer days. (Please note that the pool is not available for campers)
For the energetic, a walk down the valley into the rainforest area is a must. Here you can follow the course of the stream as it winds its way through spectacular fern forest. Giant ferns, waterfalls and towering native trees combine to offer a first rate bush walking experience. There are a range of walks to choose from, the easiest being a leisurely 45 minute stroll and the most challenging being a 5 hour walk into the Otways Forest.
At night the family can go for a glow worm walk along the creek. There are many areas along hte creek where these fairy like luminescent little larvae can be seen.
On the property we have:
- Our outdoor pool is perfect for lounging around and the nearby BBQ facilities allow for poolside catering.
- You can fish for yabbies in our dam at certain times of the year (equipment is provided).
- We have our own 18 hole mini golf course that is ideal for families or for practicing your putting, or you can visit the public golf courses at Lorne and Anglesea.
- The old shearing shed has been converted into a table tennis and billiards room, with couches to lounge around on while you are waiting for your shot.
- Anyone for tennis? We have a bush tennis court (no lines) set among the eucalyptus trees where parrots regularly come to observe the action. Ask at reception for the racquets. ( The tennis court is closed for the winter months)
- King Parrot is close to the world famous Great Ocean Road. A wonderful day trip can be enjoyed with a short trip to Lorne and then onwards to the most stunning part of the Great Ocean Road. One of the most visited stretches of the road is Port Campbell. Buffeted by wild seas and fierce winds, the coastline around Port Campbell has been sculpted over millions of years to form a series of striking rock stacks that rise out of the Southern Ocean. Known as the Twelve Apostles, they are one of the most spectacular natural attractions in Victoria.
- Lorne is only 24 kilometres away and offers magnificent coastal scenery, world class beaches and great restaurants.
- Just down the road is a berry farm where you can pick your own berries in season or turn your hand at trout fishing. Horse riding is also available locally.
- There are a number of friendly country pubs and restaurants nearby offering good meals, friendly service and local wines. E.g. Old Lorne Road Olives Restaurant for a delicious lunch with local wine in the olive groves, Martians cafe for those who like a funky place to have a vege burger or curry.
- The Otways has an ideal climate for growing many varieties of grapes and we have some excellent local vineyards. Gosling Creek has a lovely full bodied shiraz and Blakes Estate make a burgundy style pinot noir. Along with Dinny Goonan Estate in Bambra and other local wineries you can taste and enjoy wines at relaxed and informal cellar door, all situated in a picturesque vineyard setting and surrounded by a rural tranquillity.